Finally! As requested by many, I am sharing the recipe to my deliciously easy, no-fail, dinner rolls. Their moist and soft interior will have anyone coming back for seconds in no time! Want to know a little secret? I also use this dough to make my delicious cinnamon buns!
Continue reading to get started on your new favorite dinner rolls, enjoy!
- 9 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of lukewarm milk
- 1/2 stick of melted unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons of yeast
- First, you will add 3 teaspoons of yeast to 1 cup of lukewarm milk (Note: Make sure your milk is not hot, otherwise it will kill your yeast).
- After you mix those two ingredients, sprinkle a pinch of granulated sugar to the top of your mixture (Note: This is for the yeast to activate quicker! Set aside until it foams, this should take about 10 minutes).
- Once the yeast is activated you will add 6 cups of flour to your mixing bowl.
- Then add 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt: proceed to mix on low (Note: If you are using a kitchen aid use your dough hook attachment).
- Add your remaining ingredients: 3 large eggs, ½ stick of melted unsalted butter and remaining 1 cup of lukewarm milk and 3 cups of flour (Note: Add-in the three cups of flour slowly and one by one. Mix all ingredients on low speed for about 10 minutes).
- Note: Your dough should not stick to the bowl once it’s done, if it sticks, sprinkle a little more flour.
- Once the dough is ready, place it in a greased shallow bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap or a dish towel (Note: Set it aside somewhere warm for about 30 to 45 minutes. This will allow it to double in size).
- After the dough doubled in size, knead it and roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough in even sizes and shape them. Follow by placing the dough shaped balls on a sheet pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Once your dough shaped balls are in a sheet pan, place a damped kitchen towel or plastic wrap over them (Note: This is key! Place them in a warm spot to double in size for about 35 minutes).
- Finally, bake them at 350°F for 30 minutes preferably on the middle oven rack! Brush them with melted butter and enjoy!
1 thought on “Stephanie’s #1 easy dinner rolls recipe”
Can I do everything the night before and then pop them in the oven the next morning?